Personal Training for Weight Loss in Clifton, NJ
With obesity reaching epidemic levels and research showing a declining number of Americans even trying to lose weight, motivation is often a key factor hindering many people’s weight loss abilities. Fortunately, personal training for weight loss can be a game-changer for people who are struggling to lose weight or who have given up trying. In fact, people who use a personal trainer for weight loss are statistically more likely to lose weight.
A personal trainer is equipped with the knowledge-base and tools to help design sound exercise programs and fitness diets based on your unique challenges and goals. Through these programs, you can get fit and lead a healthier lifestyle overall. If you are interested in losing weight with the help of a weight loss trainer in Clifton, call (973) 777-3711 or contact Je Lu Ja Spa online.
Does a Personal Trainer Make a Difference?
There has to be a reason almost every major national sports figure or Olympic athlete uses a personal trainer. If it didn’t make a difference, they wouldn’t do it. You may not be an Olympic hopeful, but you have your own marathon ahead of you, and the obstacle course between you and your finish line is equally challenging.
A major study at the beginning of this century showed that at least 95 percent of all weight loss efforts fail. However, the key factor that made the difference between success and failure was personalized one-on-one counseling from a professional—focused on weight loss issues. That type of personalized one-on-one interaction is just one of the benefits of hiring a personal trainer for weight loss.
Additional benefits of hiring a personal trainer include:
- Personal trainers are specially trained to design and oversee exercise and strength training regimens
- Personal trainers understand safety guidelines
- Personal trainers are constantly acquiring knowledge about nutrition, exercise and other issues relevant to optimizing health and weight
- Personal trainers are focused on you in creating a personal training program
- Since word of mouth is how their business succeeds, personal trainers are motivated to see you succeed
Understanding your medical history and the complex issues impacting your health and weight is essential in designing personalized workouts and a comprehensive weight loss program that works for you. A personal trainer who specializes in weight loss training also understands the science of weight loss and the latest research on how to get you from here to there on the fastest, safest track.
Never underestimate the power of motivation. If a personal trainer is motivated to succeed, your personal trainer will be motivated to see you succeed—and will be motivated to motivate you. With weight loss, it is all about motivation.
What to Expect from a Weight Loss Trainer
A personal trainer who specializes in weight loss will usually center the first meeting around getting to know you, your medical history, your overall health, and of course your weight issues.
It is important for your weight loss trainer to understand why you are overweight. Is your walking regimen not working? Are you eating too much, or are you eating the wrong types of foods? Are you sitting too much, not sleeping enough, are your hormones out of whack? The human body is designed to maintain homeostasis—and that includes a stable weight. Finding out where you have gone off track and restoring health and balance is the goal here.
From there, your trainer will take certain steps to begin crafting a weight loss program tailored to your needs:
- Getting your measurements: Height, weight and body mass index are just some of the measurements that may be taken
- Getting approval: Making sure your healthcare provider is on board with the plan is essential
- Getting you on board: Involving you in developing your weight loss plan is an important part of ensuring the success of the plan
- Getting results: Your trainer will set realistic goals towards your ultimate weight loss goal and ensure you are comfortable with the work that lies ahead
How to Find the Right Professional Personal Training Program
Finding a personal trainer that understands the physical process of losing weight is key. A weight loss trainer should have special training in this area of expertise. Your personal trainer needs to be knowledgeable and up-to-date on research in the following areas:
- Aerobic and anaerobic exercise programs that maximize weight loss
- Effects of strength training and muscle mass on weight loss
- Supplements for weight loss
- Medical conditions common in overweight clients (e.g., diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney and heart disease)
- Safety issues in designing exercise program for overweight or obese clients
Professional personal training programs have the power to transform your health by teaching you to exercise to lose weight and overall lifestyle habits which not only benefit weight loss but wellness overall.
Don’t let your weight loss efforts fall into the 95 percent of weight loss attempts that fail. If you are struggling with your weight, schedule a consultation with a qualified personal trainer in Clifton who specializes in weight loss training. Call (973) 777-3711 or contact Je Lu Ja Spa online.
Je Lu Ja Spa
Address1033 Us Hway 46 East
Suite G1 (Ground Floor Left)
Clifton, NJ 07013